The Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine
is a worldwide organization of physicians dedicated to the promotion, protection and support of breastfeeding and human lactation. Our mission is to unite members of the various medical specialties with this common purpose through:
- Physician education
- Expansion of knowledge in both breastfeeding science and human lactation
- Facilitation of optimal breastfeeding practices
- Encouragement of the exchange of information among organizations
If you are a Physician or Medical Student / Resident, and would like to apply for membership, click here.
A central goal of the Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine is the development of clinical protocols for managing common medical problems that may impact breastfeeding success. View the current protocols.
ABM Statements: Position on Breastfeeding
The Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine is Associated with the Department of Public Information of the United Nations.
Meet our Lifetime Members:
- Sudha Chandrasekhar, MD, MPH
- Caroline Chantry, MD, FABM
- Yoo-Mi Chung, MD, FABM
- Gail Herrine, MD
- James Kratzer, MD, MPH
- Miriam Labbok, MD, MPH, FABM
- Rebecca Powers, MD
- Lori Ricke, MD, FABM
- Ruth Stanhiser, MD
- Rima Strassman, MD, FABM
- Kanae Tada, MD
- Nancy Wight, MD, FABM
The Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine is a Core Partner of the World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action (WABA)