To renew your 2012 membership, click here.
Become a Member
- Network with physician colleagues worldwide
- Increase your knowledge of the science of breastfeeding and human lactation
- Increase breastfeeding incidence and duration, and improve patterns and practice
- Promote a greater public interest and understanding of breastfeeding
- Increase the health and well-being of mothers and babies
- Access to clinically useful guidelines and protocols
- Access to ABM's members-only website, membership directory, and document library
- Access to the members-only ABM listserv
- A full year subscription to Breastfeeding Medicine, ABM's official peer-reviewed journal (published bi-monthly)
- Online access to all back issues of ABM's newsletter, News and Views (no longer published)
- Sharing of educational resources with other members
- Reduced registration fee for the annual ABM meeting
- Members must have a MD, DO, MBBS, or equivalent degree from an accredited school of medicine
- Members must have a current license to practice medicine in one's state or country
- For qualification as a Student Member one must be a resident, fellow, medical student, or a physician in full-time academic study or clinical training
- Residents, fellows, medical students, and physicians in full-time study
Special Offer - 2011 Membership Rates until December 31, 2011!
(The 2012 membership expires on December 31, 2012.)
- Lifetime Membership $5,000
Physicians wishing to demonstrate their lifetime support of ABM may join for a one-time fee of $5,000, of which $4,300 is tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law. Lifetime Members will never be asked to renew their membership. In addition to the standard ABM benefits, Lifetime Members will receive a personalized plaque and recgonition at the annual meeting and listed each year in ABM's peer-reviewed journal Breastfeeding Medicine.
Gold Membership $575
To become a Gold Member physicians may join ABM for $575 per year, of which $490 is tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law. In addition to the standard ABM membership benefits, Gold Members will receive a peraonlized certificate and recgonition at the annual meeting, and listed each year in ABM's peer-reviewed journal Breastfeeding Medicine. To remain a Gold Member one must renew annually.
Physicians may become General Members. Category One, Two, and Three memberships are determined by your country of residence, with dues reflecting a sliding scale.
Category One, $250
(Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Qatar, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and The United States / Puerto Rico)
Category Two, $100
(Andorra, Austria, Bahamas, Brunei, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kuwait, New Zealand, San Marino and Spain)
Category Three, $35
(Abkhazia, Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua/Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia/Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo-Kinshasa, Congo-Brazzaville, Costa Rica, Cote d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea (North & South), Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia (FYROM), Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nagorno-Karabakh, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Northern Cyprus, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Somaliland, South Africa, South Ossetia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tonga, Transnistria, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe)
Student Membership, $95
For qualification as a Student Member one must be a resident, fellow, medical student, or a physician in full-time academic study or clinical training. Student Members receive all ABM benefits but are considered non-voting members, cannot hold office, or serve on the Board or Committees. Discounted Student Member rates are availible for qualifying individuals from Category Two or Three countries.